The benefits of an air exchanger
An air exchanger with heat recovery (or HRV – heat recovery ventilator) is a more efficient and economical way of ventilating hermetically sealed homes, and provides a fresh, healthy and pleasant indoor environment. This technology transfers the heat from exhaust air to incoming air without any contact between the two. By conserving the energy used for heating, you can save a lot of energy.
$400 cash incentive
This cash incentive program is for you if your home uses natural gas, your central heating runs on natural gas, and your current heat exchanger does not have a heat recovery system. You are not eligible for this program if you do not already have a heat exchanger or if your current heat exchanger already has a heat recovery system.
How do I get the subsidy?
I get a quote
Contact Gazifère or a certified natural gas contractor for a quote for installing an air exchanger with heat recovery.
I submit my proof of purchase or rental
I receive the cash incentive
If your application is approved and you opt to purchase, you will receive a cheque by mail within eight to ten weeks.
Tricks and tips
- Heat recovery ventilators (HRVs) cannot be readily identified by their physical features. However, if your home was built before 2011, the chances are that your air exchanger does not have one.
- You can get an HRV* from any heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractor. We propose two that specialize in natural gas appliances (see above).
- The equipment installed must be approved by the Home Ventilating Institute. For the list of eligible equipment, go to www.hvi.org.
- Since 2012, this type of equipment has been required under the Quebec Construction Code.
- You are not eligible under this program if you do not already have an air exchanger or if your air exchanger already has a heat recovery system.
*The equipment to be installed must be certified by the Home Ventilating Institute. For the list of eligible equipment, go to www.hvi.org.